1. Jameis Winston - Following up a Heisman campaign with another one is a very daunting task, just ask Johnny Manziel with the ensuing offseason ESPN threw at him after he won it, but Winston will have a chance to prove himself this upcoming year with new weapons and remove any doubts if it is all him or just his supporting cast which was always the argument that hurt AJ McCarron.
2. Marcus Mariota - There was one point this season where it seemed like Mariota had it all right in front of him and he just had to take the Heisman and run with it, problem was he could never quite take it after a heartbreaking loss to Stanford and then an MCL injury ran his chances into oblivion against Arizona. He will get a second chance since he has decided to come back, but he will be without one of his favorite weapons De'Anthony Thomas, as well as his top WR Josh Huff who is graduating.
3. Bryce Petty - Bryce Petty will be leading one of the nation's most explosive offense for the second straight year, he will lose his #2 receiver Tevin Reese, two of his best RB's in Lache Seastrunk and Glasco Martin, and his top OL in Cyril Richardson....but he still has so much to work with. He will still have his top WR in the super-athletic Antwan Goodley, breakout RB Shock Linwood, his big LT Spencer Drango who was injured vs. Texas Tech last year, and he will gain two big weapons in recruits (RB) Terence Williams of Ennis, TX and (WR) KD Cannon of Mount Pleasant, TX.
4. Braxton Miller - Miller was so close to getting that crystal ball last year going into the B1G Championship game riding a 24 game winning streak and just needing one more win for a matchup with Florida State but then they couldn't cap it off, and they lost not only the B1G CG but also a chance at a 25 game winning streak, a BCS NCG appearance, and a Rose Bowl appearance all at once. It didn't get any better for him and the Buckeyes in the Orange Bowl as Sammy Watkins lit em up. Now is a new chance after such an ugly ending though. Now he can start this season off without the pressure of a huge win streak weighing down on him and his offense will be looking to pass more now with their workhorse in Carlos Hyde going off to the NFL.
5. TJ Yeldon - #4 for the Tide will be looking to lead his team back to the promised land after a heartbreaking season similar to that of Ohio St's where they had the crystal ball right there within the grasp but one second was the difference in a threepeat and what ended up being a two game losing streak as they also lost to Oklahoma in the Sugar Bowl. With Bama legendary QB McCarron going, this Bama offense will be looking to run even more early and often than before. The #1 thing that will hinder his chances are his competitors for touches in his own backfield, Kenyan Drake and Derrick Henry will make it very hard to not give it the ball to them 10+ times a game.